Financial Controller for International Hotel Group
Excellence Group is a Spanish company that operates five star Luxury Hotels & Resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean. For its financial department, which is located in Amsterdam, Excellence is looking for a Financial Controller
The controller will be responsible for compiling the consolidated annual accounts of the (Holding) companies within the group. You work together with colleagues from different countries and manage the planning and control cycle and you are also responsible for the periodic reports of the group. You coordinate and organize the outsourcing and delivery of activities by external audit firms. You work in a dynamic environment and are the point of contact for many colleagues in the financial and operational field. As a controller, you are also involved in strategic projects of the group and your financial and technical input will be requested. The profile of the controller that Excellence Group is looking for is someone with several years of experience as auditor of consolidated annual accounts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the consolidated annual accounts of the group. You have the supervision of planning and control and ensure that all legal obligations are met.
- Coordination and monitoring of the delivery of financial information from all companies in the group.
- Coordination of audit assignments carried out by external auditors.
- Responsible for the correct application of the accounting standards for the annual reports and legislation and regulations in the various countries (Dutch GAAP, IRFS, EU directives, etc).
- Responsible for timely closing of the financial cycle and for internal and external reporting.
- Contributes to the optimization of the financial process (financial reporting, etc).
- Contributes to strategic projects.
- Completed education at a minimum (Dutch) HBO level in the field of Financial Control.
- Experience with bookkeeping and working with accounting and financial software.
- At least 3 years' experience as controller, preferably with the compilation and audit of consolidated annual accounts.
- Has worked with Dutch GAAP, IFRS and is familiar with the EU guidelines on accountancy legislation.
- Professional command of the English language. The official language within the company is English. Annual accounts and reports are in English.
- The controller we are looking for is a team worker, disciplined, analytical and accurate and can deliver results under pressure.
- Experience with working in an international environment is preferred.
This attractive position offers opportunities for further professional development in an international environment. A competitive salary is available for the job. Interested candidates can mail their resume and motivation to p.baeten@activagroep